Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Prayer

Lord, you speak to me
In my hunger for a joy that does not fade,
In my longing for a love without boundaries,
In my desire to give of myself completely
So that others may be enriched.

God of my heart,
Amidst the confusion and fear of everyday,
Amidst the contrary tugs of a divided heart,
Grant me the faith and serenity to hear your call
And to respond with trust and generosity
Whatever you may ask of me.



God of my searching,
I do not know where this journey will end
But I trust that you will walk it with me
Though I may not always sense your guiding hand
Or recognize the breath of your Spirit.

Fearful as I am, I give you my life this day.
Help me to discover the best way to use it, Lord,
For your love is my bread
And your will is my resting place
Now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment